Sunday, July 10, 2011

Boring Work Before First Build

Hey guys, I know it's been a couple of days since my last post and I wanted to say that I'm still here and still working on the game, though I'm now in the boring part of cleaning up the code that I have before I make this first version ready for download.

I would like to apologize because I do not like to go this long between posts. I'm making minor tweaks to the code that will hopefully make it less buggy when it's ready for download. I'm getting very excited to see what everyone thinks about it up to this point. I would like to say to everyone who intends on downloading it to keep in mind that at this point it is basically a straight clone of Terraria. My plan is to make this game more of a Zelda-style game than a Terraria/Minecraft-style game before I'm done with it.

What do I mean by Zelda-style? I mean more intricate dungeons with bosses in the dungeons, different levels (as opposed to biomes), more NPC interaction with special items awarded (similar to Zelda games), and many more features to come! I hope that everyone appreciates this game and I would ask that anyone who decides to download it and has any type of comment (positive or negative) about it to let me know in a comment or in an email (I'll have an email address set up just for this game by Friday).

Thank you to everyone who follows this blog and game!

3 comments:

  1. Great!
    I can't wait to see the release! I'm glad you're hoping to make it more Zelda like, because in my opinion, it would probably make the gameplay more repeatable than Terraria.
    I also hope you manage to get in more bosses, and add new bosses quite frequently, a thing Terraria lacks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks I appreciate you keeping up with this game! I'm excited to let other people play with this game too. It's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have read your article beginning to end and now i am sharing to it my friends and followers, and i hope so you will be follow my link
    http://www.icreongamestudio.com/

    ReplyDelete