Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Prospectus Xna Relaunch

Hello everyone, I have exciting news to bring you today! I finally have discovered a way to make Prospectus available to everyone and utilize the ClickOnce feature which will allow for Prospectus to automatically update itself whenever a newer version is available.

My solution actually came about because I recently have been poking around on the dreamincode.net site and have become involved in a project that is hosted on CodePlex.com. Ironically enough, I was digging through their web site today and discovered that ClickOnce applications actually work on that site (my guess is because it is owned by Microsoft, but that may be incorrect).

Anyway, setting up the project was easy and I have uploaded the Alpha 1.0 version here. If you are a fan of the game, please stop by and download a copy (for free) of Prospectus, and it will update itself whenever I provide updates (pretty cool, huh?). Again, thanks for everyone who has followed along with this project and I do apologize for going so long without an update...and yes, for those of you wondering, this does mean that I'm back to using Xna for the development of Prospectus (let's face it, I love programming in C#)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment