Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Progress of My Platformer

Hey guys, it's been a few days and I thought I would update you on my current project, a classic platformer modeled after that oh so famous plumber we've all heard about before. Again, I'm back to using Xna for this project. For me, it's the simplest and quickest way to make a game the way I want to...through programming. I thought I would show you some video of the game so far. I'm also making an editor for the engine. Both of these started with Nick Gravelyn's Tile Engine series and have since branched off, as he made his engine for an rpg and mine is for a platformer.

On to the good stuff!
Here's a quick demo of the "game" so far (this is more of a tech demo than anything ;) )

I've done quite a few things with this game so far and I plan on going over some specifics with you soon, but for now I leave you with the flashy eye-candy that you've just seen. If you would like for me to cover something specifically that I'm doing in this game, please let me know in the comments. I like writing about game making and I like helping you guys out when I can.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment