Sunday, February 5, 2012

Xna Platformer Update

Hey guys here is a quick update on my platformer game. I've been able to add in some decent player physics, modeled after the Platformer Starter Kit on the Xna website. I've also spent most of my time on the editor lately, getting it up to speed with my engine and designing it in such a way that I will be able to create platformer games much quicker than just hard-coding in the levels for this one game.

 

Thanks for taking the time to check up on my game. I'm really looking forward to developing the engine and editor even more. One of the things I'm in the process of adding is a dedicated object layer for the maps. Right now, the only thing on that object layer (which is loaded in from a file by the way) is the player. Most likely, the next thing I will add to the layer is an exit tile, which will load up the next level (tile map in my case). This, I feel, will make the game start to feel more like an actual game than just a level demo.

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment