Thursday, July 28, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Prospectus Edition

Hey guys I am very excited to bring you more news about Prospectus. I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post, but I have been busy making some changes that I hope will benefit more people down the road. Over the past few weeks I have been struggling with developing Prospectus only for .Net capable machines. I feel like I would be able to reach more people with Prospectus if I was not tied down to .Net machines. I have therefore decided to migrate the existing version of Prospectus (as well as continue on from here) to the Java language using Netbeans and the Slick2D Library.

It is my intention that more people will be able to play this game because I'm making it more platform-independent than before. I hope this does not upset too many people who were using this as an Xna-specific learning tool. I will do my best to make any code-related posts as generic as possible in order to continue to be useful and informative for the Xna community.

As always I want to thank everyone who reads this blog as it is a huge motivational tool for me to keep working on Prospectus. I will be bringing you new posts as soon as I finish porting the existing version of the game to Java, but in the meantime I hope you take the time to try out Prospectus for yourself and don't lose faith in me...I'm going to keep building this game into something great.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever consider the mono project? It allows you to write .NET code for OSX, linux, and windows. Check it out if you haven't already. I'm not completely sure about its integration with XNA, I would be curious either way.

    ReplyDelete