Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mouse input is now a reality

I'm happy to say that last night's dev session resulted in the game now having a decent mouse input handler in which the player can remove blocks and place blocks in the map. For now, the player can only place 'ground' blocks because I don't have any inventory system in place (yet) for the player.

I have also started making simple artwork for the different types of blocks found in the game. This is a very exciting game for me to make because I feel like I'm making great progress on it and these little successful additions really make the development process more fun and rewarding. This also gives me motivation to continue my efforts in making this game.

Also, I'm going to need a title for the game (maybe not right now, but soon). I don't want to keep calling it 'the game' or 'my Minecraft clone'. So if you have a suggestion for a name that would go along the lines of a 2D Resource gathering Rpg, please leave it in the comments :)

I'm really looking forward to the weekend because I'm going to work on changing over from the simple red and green tiles to some actual artwork. This is more of a challenge than it might seem because I will need to change my current map generation system. Basically, I will need to take it from a purely random generation to a more structured generation system that looks at the blocks next to the one it is currently generating in order to decide which block to place.

Check back and see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment