Saturday, June 11, 2011

Caves caves caves!

Hello everyone I am very tired but I thought I should write an update of my game. I have been working feverishly on cave generation using a form of Cellular Automata and so far I have had decent results. I am still tweaking the algorithm to give more natural "cave-like" structures that connect to each other better, but for now I am pleased with my cave making skills.

I am also still working on using Perlin Noise to generate the shape of the terrain at the surface level, though this cave generation turned out to be easier (which is why I worked on it first). I am really excited with how this game is coming together and I believe a name needs to be created for this game (hopefully name chosen soon!).

I really appreciate everyone who reads this development blog and I try to provide updates as frequently as I can. Thanks for reading and check back soon for more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment